Dear Ward 24 Neighbours,
I wanted to provide you with a few reminders about garbage pick-up. In particular, I have been asked what people should do with used medical masks and gloves.
- Collection of garbage, Blue Bin (recycling), Green Bin (organics), and oversized and metal items is not impacted and will continue as scheduled.
- All personal hygiene/sanitary products, including tissues, wipes, masks and gloves should be disposed of in the garbage.
- Please ensure that all material placed in garbage bins is bagged, specifically cleaning products such as wipes, tissues/napkins and other sanitary/hygiene products.
- Bins should only be placed out for collection if they are full.
- Garbage Tags are still required for excess garbage/bag-only collection and can be bought online and mailed to your home.
To ensure health and safety, support the continued functioning of Solid Waste Management Services’ operations and allow for physical distancing:
- Seasonal yard waste collection is suspended. Residents are asked to store yard waste on their property until the service resumes.
- Drop-Off Depots (Transfer Stations) are closed to the general public. Garbage, recycling, organics and yard waste from residents will not be accepted. Only those with an existing registered account can continue to bring material to Drop-off Depots (Transfer Stations). No new account requests will be processed at this time. Drop-Off Depots will not operate on Saturdays.
- Toxic Taxi services and Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) drop-off are suspended. Hazardous waste should be safely stored until services resume.
- Bin deliveries and bin exchanges are suspended. Existing service requests will be completed once service resumes.
- All Community Environment Days scheduled in April have been cancelled.
If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to call my office at 416-396-7222 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
May you stay safe and well.
All my Best,