Dear Scarborough-Guildwood Neighbours
Happy Toronto Day! Today we celebrate 186 years since the official incorporation of the City of Toronto. Toronto Day is an opportunity to learn more about the City of Toronto’s history and significant symbols.
The Toronto Flag and The Coat of Arms are official symbols of the City of Toronto. The City of Toronto Motto, Diversity Our Strength, refers to the multicultural dimensions of the city and the seven municipal governments that now form the City of Toronto. History on the Toronto Flag, Coat of Arms and more can be found here.
With March Break, right around the corner, museums, cultural centres and attractions will be hosting fun filled opportunities across the city. Check out the City’s exhibits and events calendar, register for Recreation Programs, visit your local Toronto Library Branch or visit the Toronto Zoo for your March Break activities.
Some fun facts about the City of Toronto:
– The PATH is the largest continuous underground shopping mall in North America, featuring over 1200 stores
– There are approximately 7500 restaurants in the City of Toronto
– Over 180 languages and dialects are spoken in Toronto, with 79 multi-lingual publications published in Toronto
– Toronto has more than 1500 parks covering 8000 hectares
– There are 100 Toronto Public Library branches
Toronto is home to more than 2.9 million people whose diversity and experiences make this great city Canada’s leading economic engine and one of the world’s most diverse and livable cities.
Happy Toronto Day Everyone!
All my Best,
Paul W. Ainslie