I would like to thank all Team Toronto partners for making getting vaccinated against COVID-19 as easy as possible and thank you Toronto for rolling up your sleeves and getting vaccinated. Visit the COVID-19: How to Get Vaccinated page for more details.
Team Toronto Mobile Strategy launches Days of Vaxtion to encourage all Torontonians to get fully vaccinated – News Release. #DaysofVaxtion is a city-wide series of pop-up vaccination clinics starting Thursday, September 16, and running through this weekend. The campaign is part of Team Toronto’s continued efforts to help residents get fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as quickly as possible, if they have not already done so.
In partnership with the Scarborough Health Team, residents can visit one of the following mobile clinics on Saturday, September 18 to receive their COVID-19 vaccine:
- SCHC – The Hub – 2660 Eglinton Ave E |10am-2pm
- TAIBU Community Health Centre = 27 Tapscott Rd #1 | 9am-4:30pm
- Centennial College – Progress Campus – 941 Progress Ave | 9am-7pm
- Birchmount Hospital, 3030 Birchmount Rd | 8:30am-7pm
- Golden Mile Mall, 1800 Eglinton Ave E | 12pm-6pm
- Bridlewood mall, 2900 Warden Ave | 12pm-6pm
- Parkway Mall, 85 Ellesmere Rd | 12pm-6pm
- Cedarbrae Mall, 3495 Lawrence Ave E | 12pm-6pm
In partnership with TTC and Toronto Health Teams,pop-up vaccination clinics are conveniently located in subway stations. No appointment is required. Moderna and Pfizer, first and second doses, will be available while supplies last. More details here.
- Sept 16-18 | 8am-8pm | Warden Station, 701 Warden Ave, mezzanine level
City of Toronto COVID-19 Case & Vaccination Update: (Data as of September 15, 2021) Case status and vaccination dose data can be found on the City’s reporting platform.
|178 – Newly Reported COVID-19 Cases 1,616 – Total number of Active COVID-19 Cases 83 – Hospitalized Cases (Cumulative) 176,708 – Number of COVID-19 Cases in Toronto (Cumulative)||171,454 – Number of Recovered COVID-19 Cases in Toronto 3,638 – Number of COVID-19 Fatal Cases in Toronto 4,649,816 COVID-19 – Vaccine doses administered in Toronto|
Scarborough Health Network One-Day Pop-Ups – 1st, 2nd AND 3rd Doses! These clinics will be vaccinating individuals for 1st Dose: Ages 12+ (born in 2009 or earlier); 2nd Dose: Received 1st dose of Pfizer 21+ days ago or AstraZeneca 8+ weeks ago; 3rd Dose: specific immunocompromised groups and received their 2nd dose at least 2 months ago.
- Sept 17, 24 | 1pm-8pm | Agincourt Mall, 3850 Sheppard Ave E
- Sept 17, 18, 24, 25 | 12-6pm | Bridlewood Mall, 2900 Warden Ave
- Sept 17, 18, 24, 25 | 12-6pm | Golden Mile Shopping Centre, 1880 Eglinton Ave E
- Sept 17, 18, 24, 25 | 12-6pm | Cedarbrae Mall, 3495 Lawrence Ave E
- Sept 17, 18, 24, 25 | 12-6pm | Parkway Mall, 85 Ellesmere Rd
Appointments are available on a first come, first served basis. Please bring ID or document with your address or proof of employment, a health card if you have one, for a 2nd dose please bring your 1st dose vaccination receipt, for a 3rd dose please bring your 2nd dose vaccination receipt and proof of treatment note. Full details at www.scarbvaccine.ca
City of Toronto run mass vaccination clinics: Vaccine eligibility is now expanded to youth born in 2009. Walk-in vaccinations and appointments are available at City-run clinics for first or second doses from Tuesday to Saturday from 1pm to 7pm. Full details at www.toronto.ca/covid19.
School Immunization Program Update: In addition to the COVID-19 vaccination program, all of the City-run immunization clinics will administer other critical immunization programs. Parents and students can now book an appointment to get their vaccines at city-run immunization sites at www.TPHbookings.ca.
Parents are required to update their child’s immunization record or provide a valid exemption form to TPH. More information about updating student immunization records can be found online.
Scarborough Health Network Community Vaccine Clinic & Eligibility: Eligible individuals for a 1st, 2nd or 3rd COVID-19 vaccine dose can book now at www.scarbvaccine.ca
COVID-19 Pharmacy Vaccine Locations & Eligibility: Full details on eligibility and pharmacy locations administering the COVID-19 vaccine can be found here.
Where to get accurate COVID-19 information:
- City of Toronto’s COVID-19 Vaccines webpage
- COVID-19 Vaccination Receipt Download
- SHN VaxFacts Clinic or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-438-2911 ext. 5738.
- City of Toronto COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic Location Map
- City of Toronto’s Vaccine Equity Transportation Plan
- Vaccine Coverage by Neighbourhood in the City of Toronto
- Public Health Agency of Canada – The Facts About COVID-19 Vaccines
- COVID-19 Assessment Centres, Pop-Ups and Mobile Testing.
- Real Talk with Real People – www.realtalkcovid.com
The City of Toronto remains in Step Three of the province’s Roadmap to Reopen. Full details on Step Three restrictions are available on the “Reopening” Ontario webpage. Please review the City’s COVID-19 Reopening Guide for Toronto Residents for a list of activities permitted in Step Three.
*NEW* City of Toronto ShowLoveTO initiative BigArtTO returns to display Toronto artists’ works on local buildings – News Release. BigArtTO, a City-led ShowLoveTO initiative involving large-scale projections in each of the City of Toronto’s 25 wards starts tonight. Each projection will play on a loop for three hours, Wednesday through Saturday, providing free, temporary public art until November 27. Check out the BigArtTO schedule here.
The Reading Partnership proudly moves into their 10th year of service with an epic collaboration with Pinball Clemons Foundation for the ‘Literacy Liberates’ – this year’s theme. Until October 15th, the Pinball Clemons Foundation will match all donations made to The Reading Partnership dollar-for-dollar, up to $50,000, as part of our Literacy Liberates $100K Challenge. Learn more and donate here.
The CNE introduced their new virtual EXperience, CNE Connected! CNE Connected is a membership with both free and paid virtual content packed with online experiences from Canadian performers/artists, kids content creators, local chefs and much more that goes beyond September! Visit www.cneconnected.com for more information.
CaféTO Survey – CaféTO is supporting nearly 1,200 restaurants across Toronto this summer. Give us your feedback on the program! A short survey is available to everyone, from restaurant owners to patio diners, and all those in between. Visit www.toronto.ca/cafeto to submit your feedback!
YouthLink LGBTQ2S+ Scarborough Needs Assessment Survey – Scarborough Youth (aged 12-29) and community service providers are encouraged to provide their feedback about their experiences on what’s working, what’s not working, and how you feel the 2SLGBTQ+ experience in Scarborough could improve. For the Youth Survey click here. For the Service Provider Survey click here.
- Metrolinx DSRBT Community Open House
In-Person | September 16 | 2pm-5pm | Toronto Public Library – Highland Creek Branch, 3550 Ellesmere Rd
Virtual | September 23 | 6pm | More information is available here.
- 2021 Terry Fox “Virtual” Run
September 19 | register online, lace up your running shoes and head out to walk, run, or bike your route of choice in your own neighbourhood.
- Councillor Ainslie Community Compost Days – Please bring your own containers and shovels! COVID-19 Public Health Regulations will be in effect. Masks are strongly recommended.
September 17 | 5:30pm | Cedar Ridge Creative Centre, 225 Confederation Dr
September 18 | 10:30am | Cedarbrook Community Centre, 91 Eastpark Blvd
September 18 | 1:00pm | Curran Hall Community Centre, 277 Orton Park Rd
September 25 | 1:00pm | Tam Heather Curling & Tennis Club, 730 Military Trl
September 25 | 10:30am | Centennial Recreation Centre, 1967 Ellesmere Rd
- City of Toronto Community Environment Days – Scarborough Drop-Off Depot
September 19 | 10am to 2pm | 1 Transfer Pl
October 31 | 10am to 2pm | 1 Transfer Pl
- SBA’s Scarborough Day at Scarborough Town Centre – Celebrate community, business, arts and culture!
October 3 | 12pm-6pm | Scarborough Town Centre, Entrance 1, 300 Borough Dr
Click here for more information on becoming an SBA member
Please click here for a list of food banks and soup kitchens in Ward 24
Please click here for a list of food banks in East Scarborough
Please click here for a list of food banks in Scarborough
I am continuously updating my social media platforms and my website:
You can also reach me by telephone at 416-396-7222 or email me at email@example.com
All my Best,