July 20, 2021 Update
Thank you for your efforts in keeping our community safe during these difficult times. Please review the City of Toronto’s COVID-19 Vaccines webpage, to inform yourself of the benefits of vaccination.
*NEW* Native Child and Family Services of Toronto COVID-19 Vaccine Opportunity! This clinic will be vaccinating FNIM/Indigenous Community Members and their immediate household members aged 12 years and older.
- August 4 | Malvern Aboriginal Child and Family Centre, 31 Tapscott Rd Unit 76B
Scarborough Health Network One-Day Pop-Ups – 1st and 2nd Dose. These clinics will be vaccinating individuals who live/work/go to school in Scarborough in these eligibility groups for Pfizer 1st Dose: ages 12+; Moderna 1st Dose: ages 18+; Pfizer 2nd Dose: ages 12+ AND received their 1st dose of Pfizer at least 21 days ago or AstraZeneca at least 8 weeks ago; Moderna 2nd Dose: ages 18+ AND received their 1st dose of Moderna 28 days ago OR Pfizer 21 days ago OR AstraZeneca 8 weeks ago.
- July 22 | 9am-2pm | Mid-Scarborough Hub – SHCH, 2660 Eglinton Ave E | Walk-in Only | Vaccine: Pfizer and Moderna
- July 24 | 10am-6pm | Lakshmi Narayan Temple, 1 Morningview Trl | Walk-in Only | Vaccine: Pfizer
- July 25 | 10am-6pm | Chinese Cultural Centre of Greater Toronto, 5183 Sheppard Ave E | Vaccine: Pfizer
Please bring ID or document with your address or proof of employment, a health card if you have one and your first dose vaccination receipt. Full details at www.scarbvaccine.ca
Scarborough Dash for Doses – 4 weeks this July, 3 stationary pit stops in Scarborough! These clinics will be vaccinating PFIZER 1st doses and 2nd doses to those 12+ who live/work/go to school in Scarborough (M1):
École Secondaire Catholique Père-Philippe-Lamarche | 2850 Eglinton Ave E
- Mondays – July 19 | 1pm-9pm
- Tuesdays – July 20 | 1pm-9pm
David and Mary Thomson CI | 125 Brockley Dr
- Wednesdays – July 21 | 1pm-9pm
- Thursdays – July 22 | 1pm-9pm
University of Toronto Scarborough Campus (Highland Hall) | 1265 Military Trl
- Fridays – July 23 & 30 | 1pm-9pm
- Sundays – July 25 | 10am-6pm
Tickets will be provided for same-day vaccine appointments on a first come, first served basis. Please bring ID, or documentation with your address or proof of employment, a health card, if you have one and your first dose vaccination receipt. More at www.scarbvaccine.ca.
Toronto East Health Network Mobile & Pop-Up Vaccine Clinic: Open to all individuals 12+ who live/work/attend school in any “M” postal code, with priority access for select populations. Visit the pop-up vaccine page for more details: www.tehn.ca/VaccinePopUps
- People age 12 and older are eligible to book first dose and accelerated second dose appointments at City-run immunization clinics
Scarborough Health Network Community Vaccine Clinic & Eligibility: Book now at www.scarbvaccine.ca
- 1st Dose: Individuals 12+ who live/work/go to school in Scarborough
- Pfizer 2nd Dose: Individuals 12+ who live/work/go to school in Scarborough AND received their 1st dose of Pfizer at least 21 days ago OR 1st dose of AstraZeneca at least 8 weeks ago
- Moderna 2nd Dose: Individuals 18+ who live/work/go to school in Scarborough AND received their 1st dose of Moderna at least 28 days ago OR Pfizer at least 21 days ago OR AstraZeneca at least 8 weeks ago
COVID-19 Pharmacy Vaccine Locations & Eligibility: Full details on eligibility and pharmacy locations administering the COVID-19 vaccine can be found here.
- First dose: Individuals 12+ to get the Pfizer vaccine; Individuals 18+ to get the Moderna Vaccine
- Second dose: (AstraZeneca) received 1st dose at least eight weeks ago; (Pfizer or Moderna) received 1st dose at least 28 days ago
City of Toronto COVID-19 Case & Vaccination Update: (Data as of July 20, 2021) Case status and vaccination dose data can be found on the City’s reporting platform.
|42 – Newly Reported COVID-19 Cases 294 – Total number of Active COVID-19 Cases 44 – Hospitalized Cases (Cumulative) 170,379 – Number of COVID-19 Cases in Toronto||166,490 – Number of Recovered COVID-19 Cases in Toronto 3,595 – Number of COVID-19 Fatal Cases in Toronto 4,131,370 COVID-19 – Vaccine doses administered in Toronto|
Where to get accurate COVID-19 information:
- City of Toronto’s COVID-19 Vaccines webpage
- Booking Your Second Dose, Rescheduling and More
- VaxTO: Text “VACCINE” to 1-833-750-0888 for COVID-19 vaccine resources
- SHN VaxFacts Clinic – website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-438-2911 ext. 5738.
- City of Toronto COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic Location Map
- Additional Ward 24 Vaccination Sites
- Need help getting to your vaccine appointment? Check out the City of Toronto’s Vaccine Equity Transportation Plan
- Information on booking vaccine appointments for residents without an OHIP card can be found here
- Vaccine Coverage by Neighbourhood in the City of Toronto (scroll to the bottom of the neighbourhood map)
- Public Health Agency of Canada – The Facts About COVID-19 Vaccines
- COVID-19 tests are available at assessment centres, pop-ups, and mobile testing facilities and pharmacies. Use this map to find a testing location near you.
The City of Toronto is in Step Three of the province’s Roadmap to Reopen. Full details on Step Three restrictions are available on the “Reopening” Ontario webpage. Please review the City’s COVID-19 Reopening Guide for Toronto Residents for a list of activities permitted in Step Three.
- City of Toronto restoring Alexandra Park while continuing to help people experiencing homelessness
- Home Stretch Vaccine Push continues with weekend-long #VaxTheNorth clinic at Mel Lastman Square
- City of Toronto to start producing renewable natural gas from Green Bin organic waste
*NEW* Help Your Toronto Zoo Give #TOTigerCub a Name! As part of a successful conservation breeding program, on Friday, April 30, 2021 your Toronto Zoo welcomed a female endangered Amur tiger cub, affectionately known on social media as #TOTigerCub, and we need YOUR help to give her a name! Beginning Monday, July 19, 2021 through Sunday, July 25, 2021 at 11:59 pm vote at www.toronto.ca/tz/totigercub for your favourite from the selected names: Alina, Lena, Maya or Mila.
Reminder: Tomorrow, July 21 is Tim Hortons’ Camp Day! On July 21st, Tim Hortons restaurant owners donate 100% of the proceeds from hot and iced coffee sales. Those funds send youth from your community to Tims Camps to learn new skills and grow through a multi-year, leadership development program. Buy a coffee, iced coffee or bracelet to put a summer smile on a child’s face! Learn more at www.timscamps.com
It’s not too late! Complete your 2021 Census online today. By filling out your census questionnaire, you help shape your community and support important decision-making that affects all Canadians. Complete your 2021 Census online here.
Have Your Say: The future of TTC’s Line 3 Scarborough (SRT). The TTC is seeking customer feedback on future Line 3 bus replacement service when the line closes in 2023. Provide your feedback through this survey by July 23, 2021. You can also participate in the survey by calling 647-424-2286 or by emailing email@example.com to request a hard copy of the survey in the mail. More details are available here.
TransformTO – Get Involved: The City of Toronto is implementing bold actions to get to net zero emissions. Share your thoughts on the actions and priorities to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Until July 26, watch the video , complete the survey , host a community discussion , and share your thoughts on an online idea board.
Access, Equity and Human Rights Awards! Nominate a member of your community for the City of Toronto’s Access, Equity and Human Rights Awards. Full details on eligibility and how to submit a nomination are available at www.toronto.ca/awards. Nominations are open until July 30, 2021.
PollinateTO is growing and wants to hear what you think! The City of Toronto wants to expand the PollinateTO grants program to include more garden types and greening projects. Fill out the survey and be entered to win great prizes.
- NEW: Scarborough Ribfest Drive-Thru 2021
July 30, 2021 | 3pm to 8pm
July 31 to August 2, 2021 | 11am to 8pm
Centennial College Ashtonbee Campus, 75 Ashtonbee Rd
- NEW: CABR Virtual Community Town Hall – Emancipation Day Weekend
July 31, 2021 | 11am to 2pm
- Emancipation Day Celebration – Church of the Holy Trinity, Guildwood
August 2, 2021 | 4pm
- In-Person Summer Camp at Church of the Holy Trinity, Guildwood
August 9 to 13 | 9:30am to 12:30pm | 85 Livingston Rd
Registration: $50/child. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31, 2021
- 33rd Annual Beaches Jazz Festival – Drive-In
July 2-24, 2021
Guildwood GO Station Main Lot
- Guild Festival Theatre 10th Anniversary Season
July 28 to August 29, 2021
Details and tickets available at www.guildfestivaltheatre.ca/2021
- Explore activities to keep your kids active this summer with the Toronto Public Library
- Summer CampTO & Virtual CampTO programs
- New ParkFitTO outdoor fitness programs
Please click here for a list of food banks and soup kitchens in Ward 24
Please click here for a list of food banks in East Scarborough
Please click here for a list of food banks in Scarborough
Please remember to call ahead to book to ensure they are properly stocked. For those interested in volunteering, food banks are always looking for volunteers, so please feel free to save and share this information.
I am continuously updating my social media platforms and my website:
You can also reach me by telephone at 416-396-7222 or email me at email@example.com
All my Best,