December 2, 2019 11AM
Good morning everyone,
For the snow event of December 1, here is an update on Transportation Services’ winter operations plans as of December 2 at 9am.
Note: These plans are estimates only and subject to changing conditions such as timing of the event and the amount/type of precipitation.
Weather: Periods of snow lingering over the region through to 6am then tapering back to flurries for the remainder of Monday morning. Also wind gusts up to 40 km/h will linger through to Monday afternoon. Flurries will diminish and winds ease with dry conditions expected for Monday night. Dry conditions will continue throughout the day on Tuesday before a series of weak systems will move through with mainly flurries and only a few periods of snow for Tuesday night lingering through to Wednesday afternoon with a trace – 1cm possible every 12hrs.
– Multiple rounds of salt have been applied to expressways, arterial, and collector roads. Roads are being salted again Monday morning.
– Local roads were salted on Sunday. A second round commenced through the overnight period and will continue through Monday morning.
– 1st round of plowing operations on arterial and collector roads, were completed by approx. 12am Monday. 2nd round of plowing commenced overnight and will continue through the am rush hour.
– As a result of the overnight snow, we have reached the required 8cm threshold to begin plowing local roads. Local road plowing will begin at approx. 9am and continue into late Monday evening.
Trails & Separated Bike Lanes
– The Martin Goodman Trail, Humber Bay Waterfront Trail and separated bike lanes have been salted/plowed again this morning. Cleanup will continue throughout the morning.
Sidewalks & Bus Stops
– First round of mechanical sidewalk clearing on high pedestrian volume sidewalks and bus stops commenced at approx. 10am Sunday and will be completed Sunday evening
– Second/third round commenced overnight and will continue through the day Monday.
Snow Event Update # 6 will be distributed at approximately 5pm Monday.
For up to the minute updates please follow Transportation Services on Twitter at @TO_WinterOps and on our newly re-launched real-time public GPS site at www.toronto.ca/plowto
Please look in on your elderly and physically handicapped neighbours!
All my Best,