Good Morning Everyone,
For the snow event of December 1, here is an update on Transportation Services’ winter operations plans as of December 3 at 9am.
Note: These plans are estimates only and subject to changing conditions such as timing of the event and the amount/type of precipitation.
Weather: A series of weak system will move over the region with scattered flurries and a few periods of snow through Tuesday afternoon and evening and again for Wednesday afternoon lingering through the night.
Possible trace – 1cm accumulations through Tuesday and another trace – 2cm possible through Wednesday.
– Spotsalting only today on expressways, arterial, and collector roads as part of cleanup operations.
– 3rd round of salting today on local roads.
– AM cleanup today on arterial and collector roads.
– Local road plowing completed late Monday evening / early Tuesday morning in all areas.
– 311 is now taking SRs
Trails & Separated Bike Lanes
– Cleanup only today, where required, on Martin Goodman Trail, Humber Bay Waterfront Trail and separated bike lanes
Sidewalks & Bus Stops
– 3rd round of high and low volume sidewalks commenced on Tuesday morning, where required, following the completion of local road plowing and will continue throughout the day
– 1st round of bus stop clearing is underway following the completion of arterial road plowing. This will continue for approx. 24 – 48hrs.
– 311 is now taking Srs
For up to the minute updates please follow Transportation Services on Twitter at @TO_WinterOps and on our newly re-launched real-time public GPS site at www.toronto.ca/plowto
Please remember to check on elderly and physically handicapped neighbours.
All my Best,