Good Evening Ward 24 Neighbours,
For the snow event of December 1, here is an update on City of Toronto Transportation Services’ winter operations plans as of December 1 at 6pm.
***Note: These plans are estimates only and subject to changing conditions such as timing of the event and the amount/type of precipitation.***
Weather: Light snow becomes spotty and intermittent late this afternoon and continues overnight ending by mid Monday morning. Wet snow amounts of 2 to 4 cm are possible by late in the day with the highest amounts on grassy and elevated surfaces. An additional 2 or 3 cm is possible overnight along with some patchy freezing drizzle before it ends Monday morning. Winds will continue to gust to 60 km/h at times this afternoon diminishing to gusting 40 km/h overnight and through the day tomorrow.
Due to insufficient snow accumulation, it is unlikely that local roads will be plowed in response to this snow event. High & low pedestrian volume sidewalks, as well as separated bike lanes, will be cleared/salted multiple times.
– Salting operations in all areas of the city commenced at approx. 8am – 9am Sunday.
– Multiple rounds of salt have been applied to expressways, arterial, and collector roads.
– Salters will complete their first round of salting on local roads later this evening. As second round will be applied through the overnight period and into Monday morning.
– Plowing operations on arterial and collector roads, where required, commenced at approx. 1pm – 2pm and will be completed by approx. 12am. There may be some cleanup operation through the overnight period.
– No plowing operations on local roads due to lack of accumulation.
Trails & Separated Bike Lanes
– Approx 3 rounds of salting & plowing of the Martin Goodman Trail & Humber Bay Waterfront Trail since approx. 8am Sunday
– Approx 3 rounds of salting & plowing of the separated bike lanes since approx. 8am Sunday
– Approx 3 rounds of salting & plowing on trails and bike lanes since approx. 8am Sunday.
Sidewalks & Bus Stops
– First round of mechanical sidewalk clearing on high pedestrian volume sidewalks and bus stops commenced at approx. 10am Sunday and will be completed Sunday evening
– Second round will commence overnight and continue through Monday.
For up to the minute updates please follow Transportation Services on Twitter at @TO_WinterOps and on our newly re-launched real-time public GPS site at www.toronto.ca/plowto
All my Best,