Dear Ward 24 Residents,
Toronto Community Housing would like to formally launch the 2020 Investing in Our Diversity Scholarship Season. Applications are also now live and open for tenants to apply, https://www.torontohousing.ca/IIODS.
Applications are due Thursday, March 26, 2020 at 5pm (electronically or hard copy).
Please note that applications are now open to students up to the age of 29 entering any year of study as long as they have not received an IIOD Scholarship in the past.
Investing in Our Diversity Scholarship Program
The Investing in Our Diversity Scholarship program offers up to $4,000 to deserving young leaders across Toronto entering/ attending post-secondary or trade school. The program also provides valuable employment support and professional networks that pave the way for academic and career development. These scholarships reward students who have shown leadership in diversity and anti-racism initiatives, demonstrate financial need, and represent different neighborhoods across the city.
Who is eligible?
High school students and/or high school graduates involved in anti-racism, diversity and/or building safe and healthy communities, AND those who can answer yes to all of the following:
• A Canadian citizen or permanent resident
• 29 years old or younger as of May 31, 2020
• Not a previous recipient of an IIOD Scholarship
• Toronto Community Housing (TCHC) tenant or person living in the Scadding Court Community Centre (SCCC) catchment area (Lake Ontario to the south, Bloor Street to the north, Yonge Street to the east, and Lansdowne Avenue to the west)
• Currently studying or planning to attend a recognized Canadian postsecondary education or training school (i.e., college, university, career academy or apprenticeship) in the upcoming academic year
• Able to demonstrate a need for financial assistance
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-981-6300.
Please let anyone know who you think may qualify!
Let’s give our youth all the help they can get!
All my Best,