Curran Hall / Community News / www.curranhall.ca / Facebook
Area: south of Ellesmere, east of Scarborough Golf Club Road, west of Highland Creek, north of Lawrence
Welcome to Curran Hall!
Thank you to John Barrett, a long time Curran Hall resident for joining me at the unveiling of the new “Welcome to Curran Hall Community” community sign located on the southeast corner of Orton Park Road and Ellesmere Road. I have been receiving many positive remarks on the signs. (The other one is located at the northeast corner of Orton Park Road and Lawrence Ave East!).
Road Resurfacing on Frolic Crescent, Greenock Avenue, Helicon Gate, Ingrid Drive, Milfordhaven Drive, Newark Road and Tralee Avenue
In September, the City started road resurfacing on Frolick Crescent, Greenock Avenue, Helicon Gate, Ingrid Drive, Milford Haven Drive, Newark Road, and Tralee Avenue.
Given the temperatures and weather conditions, the City is working with the contractor to complete the remaining work in spring 2020 when conditions are more favourable. See full update here.
East Highland Creek Sanitary Trunk Sewer Protection, and East and West Highland Creek Channel Restoration in Morningside Park
The City of Toronto's East Highland Creek Sanitary Trunk Sewer carries wastewater from homes and businesses in Scarborough and some surrounding areas to the Highland Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant.
Please see construction notice here for the Highland Creek project:
- Start Date for Preparation Work: December 12, 2019
- Expected End Date for Preparation Work: January 10, 2020
- Expected Start Date for Trail Closure: December 20, 2019
- Expected Start Date for Channel Work Area: January 15, 2020
- Expected End Date for Channel Work Area: July 2021
- Build an access route to the work area as identified on the map on page 3.
- Remove and/or prune trees along the access route, in the staging areas, and in the work area.
- Build temporary creek crossings in the work area in order to access the creek banks.
- In some areas, temporarily redirect the flow of the water in the creeks to provide a dry working area for workers.
- Work within the East Highland Creek, West Highland Creek and the main Highland Creek to protect the East Highland Creek STS with structural encasement, and reinforce the creek bank and beds with stone, soil and vegetation. This work will improve the stability in the East Highland Creek, West Highland Creek and the main Highland Creek.
Once the work is completed, crews will repair areas affected by construction and surrounding vegetation, as needed. All work will be done according to seasonal planting guidelines (fall or spring) and is being carried out in consultation with Toronto and Region Conservation Authority and the City of Toronto's Parks, Forestry and Recreation division.
Toronto Hydro Overhead Electrical Upgrade: Project Orton Park – Merkley (Phase 1, 2 & 3)
Toronto Hydro is planning to rebuild the aging overhead electrical system in your community to help improve service reliability. The rebuild includes the replacement of the existing electrical cables and hydro poles within the city-owned property.
Phase 1 Work Area: The project includes Sundance Crescent (North), Ladysbridge Drive (East), Lawrence Avenue East (South) and Firth Crescent (West). Expected timeline: January 2020 to September 2020. See letter here.
Phase 2 Work Area: This project area includes Brimorton Drive (North), Orton Park Road (East), Thornbeck Drive (South) and Scarborough Golf Club Road (West). Expected timeline: January 2020 to September 2020. See letter here.
Phase 3 Work Area: The project area includes Botany Hill Road (North), Copping Road (East), Ladysbridge Drive (South) and Orton Park Road (West). Expected timeline: January 2020 to September 2020. See letter here.
Curran Hall Community Centre Programming – Join the programming offered within your community link. Located at 277 Orton Park Road
A number of programs are being offered for all ages at the Curran Hall Community Centre including summer Adventure Camps,
Yoga, Pilates, dance for all ages, cooking classes, martial arts, visual arts, youth leadership programs as well as drop in programs for youth 9 -12yrs old – Saturday: 1:30PM – 3:30PM.
Explore Your City Parks
- Morningside Park
- Healther Heights Park
- Botany Hill Park
- Curran Hall Park
| Copyright © 2006-2020 - Paul Ainslie. All rights reserved
Sign up for my monthly Ward 24 Report
Toronto City Budget
Scarborough Business Association
UTSC - Draft Secondary Plan
Metrolinx GO Expansion (Guildwood to Pickering)
Scarborough Transit Planning Update
Guild Park and Gardens
Toronto Public Library’s What's On